May 15th, 2012 • Posted by Sharon Huckle • Permalink
1) Wearing Heavy Foundation: We all have flaws we’d rather keep under wraps, but burying blemishes under thick pancake makeup or multiple layers of foundation can give your complexion an artificial mask-like look and-gasp!-add up to 10 years on your face. The good news is you can camouflage imperfections and remain youthful by trying Aveda’s Moisture Tint. This tinted moisturizer hides imperfections and has an added SPF 15 to keep you looking younger, longer!
2) Misapplying Powder: Powder can be your best friend for reducing shine on the forehead, nose, and chin. But it can also be your worst enemy when dusted around the eyes because it exaggerates already fine lines and wrinkles and makes the delicate skin in this area appear dry. Stick to blotting it on your t-zone area when need be. My favorite is Aveda’s Smooth Pressed Power. Great alone or over foundation for a polished, clean appearance.
3) Swiping Mascara on Lower Lashes: Sorry to tell you this, but when you wear mascara on your lower lashes, you’re drawing attention to crow’s feet and dark circles. Give your upper lashes a generous coat of Aveda’s Mosscara (enriched with Rose oil so it’s not clumpy). This will enhance the whites of your eyes, creating the illusion of a more open, lifted eye.
4) Neglecting Sunscreen: Incidental sun exposure can, over time, cause irregular pigmented skin, enlarged pores, and loss of elasticity. You can significantly slow the aging process by trying Aveda’s new Enbrightenment skincare line. These products are formulated with glucoside (a vitamin C derivative), salicylic acid, mulberry root and grape extracts. This brightening blend will help diminish the appearance of discoloration and dark spots.
5) Applying Blush to the Apples of Your Cheeks: The apples of your cheeks tend to sag as you get older-and applying colour to this area only draws attention to the problem. Instead, highlight your cheekbones by sweeping blush in upwards strokes to the edge of your temples. Also, note that the colour is just as important as the technique. Avoid bright hues, which can make you look clownish, and steer clear of dark tints, which can make you look gaunt. Your best bet is to stick to a colour like Aveda’s Sheer Peach Lights to give you a radiant glow.
6) Sporting “Bleeding Lips”: As you age, your natural lip line starts to fade, which can cause lipstick to feather past this natural barrier and onto your face. The good news is that there is a super easy fix: Aveda’s colorless Lip Definer. Simply trace your pout with this clear liner, which can be used with every lipstick colour!
*Book a makeup lesson with Lindsay today! For more helpful tips and tricks.*