Why should I use a deep conditioning treatment?
- Improving hair texture: Deep conditioning treatments can help to smooth out the cuticle, making your hair feel softer and more manageable.
- Adds shine: Deep conditioning treatments can add shine to your hair by smoothing down the cuticle and sealing in moisture.
- Reduces frizz: Deep conditioning treatments can help to reduce frizz by adding moisture to your hair, which can help to reduce the static electricity that causes frizz.
- Repair damaged hair: Deep conditioning treatments can help to repair damaged hair by penetrating the hair shaft and delivering nutrients to the hair.
- Protects hair from heat and styling: Deep conditioning treatments can help to protect your hair from heat damage caused by styling tools, such as hair dryers and straighteners.
What deep conditioning treatment is best for my hair?
- Hair type: Different deep conditioning treatments are formulated for different hair types. For example, some treatments are designed for dry or damaged hair, while others are formulated for color-treated hair or frizzy hair. Be sure to choose a product that is appropriate for your hair type to get the best results.
- Ingredients: Pay attention to the ingredients in the deep conditioning treatment you choose. Some ingredients, such as protein and oils, can be beneficial for certain hair types, while others may not be as suitable. Look for ingredients that are tailored to your hair's specific needs.
- Scalp concerns: If you have any specific scalp concerns, such as dandruff or an oily scalp, choose a deep conditioning treatment that addresses those issues.
- Hair length: Consider the length of your hair when selecting a deep conditioning treatment. If you have long hair, you may need a larger quantity of product to cover all of your hair.
- Brand reputation: Look for a reputable brand with a history of producing high-quality hair care products. Read reviews and ask friends or family members for recommendations to help narrow down your options. We use and recommend Monat and Aveda products that are naturally derived, as they will not leave build up on your hair.
How do I use a deep conditioning treatment?
Deep conditioning treatments can be used as needed, but it is generally recommended to use them about once a week depending on how much you wash your hair to maintain healthy, nourished hair. It's also a good idea to pay attention to the ingredients in the products you use, as some ingredients may be more suitable for your hair type than others.
Book an in salon deep conditioning treatment at the Cat's Meow Salon this winter! Your hair will thank you!